Days of the Week!

Head­er cre­at­ed on Can­va.

This week I decid­ed to direct my atten­tion to a sim­ple, yet impor­tant part of lan­guage: the days of the week. I had­n’t con­sid­ered learn­ing these yet, but I was very hap­py to come across Dr. Bill Vic­ars again. I’ve grown real­ly fond of his videos and I find his straight-for­ward method of instruc­tion to be com­pat­i­ble with my learn­ing style. I prac­ticed sign­ing these words and thought about dif­fer­ent ways I might bring this into the class­room one day.

Pho­to by Anas­ta­sia Shu­rae­va from Pex­els: https://www.pexels.com/photo/kid-drawing-on-a-paper-6964726/

So far I am real­ly enjoy­ing this new per­spec­tive while learn­ing ASL. Hav­ing anoth­er pur­pose for learn­ing this lan­guage def­i­nite­ly serves as a moti­va­tor and helps keep my cre­ativ­i­ty flow­ing when try­ing to pick the next top­ic to learn. Next week, I am going to look into the dif­fer­ent sea­sons and weath­er pat­terns and how to com­mu­ni­cate those in sign language!

You may also like...

1 response

1. Jake says:

Your blog­ging pro­fes­sion­al­ism is almost over­whelm­ing. It’s always a treat to vis­it your site! Also, I’m envi­ous of your future stu­dents, learn­ing ASL from you will be such a rich experience.